domingo, noviembre 05, 2006

La semana de los Rose


Primero, Jalen Rose anunció que su nuevo equipo es Phoenix Suns. Así lo cuenta www.phoenixsunsrising.blogspot.com :

Suns Sign Veteran Jalen Rose
The Suns have just happened on another veteran talent who wants to play in Phoenix for dirt cheap. Jalen Rose is going to be in a Phoenix Suns uniform this season. At first I thought this was a bad move since we had such a deep bench but now I see the benefit. Rose is a very talented veteran scorer who can provide an offensive punch off the bench that James Jones has yet to fulfill. Rose has accepted his role or non-role with this team enthusiastically:
As I tip-off my thirteenth NBA season, my focus is solely on winning - not just in the regular season, but in the playoffs. The last few years have been challenging for me and I've found a way to take the good with the bad. I've had numerous coaches and teammates over the past few seasons and as I join my sixth NBA team, I am excited to find a new home with the hope of some stability. I am eager to get back to a winning environment because that is what I know. God willing, I plan on playing this game for a few more years. Being waived by the New York Knicks has created an opportunity for me to find a team to play on that will hopefully get me back into the playoffs with a realistic opportunity to win a NBA Championship...Choosing the next chapter in my career has been difficult but I am proud to announce that I am now a member of the... PHOENIX SUNS. I look forward to getting this season started and hope to see you at the Larry O'Brien championship trophy presentation in June. The stage is set, now its time to grind!Who knows if Jalen will get any minutes sitting on our stacked bench but it does give Coach Mike another solid, proven option. Most championship caliber teams have a group of veterans on the roster who provide leadership and experience that only comes with time. Jalen will likely fight for playing time with James Jones, who seems to have beaten out Jumaine for minutes. First Tim Thomas and now Jalen Rose, how do the Suns keep finding these quality rentals?


Luego, fue Derrick Rose, base senior del Simeon High School de Chicago quién anunció que la temporada 2007-2008 jugará en la universidad de Memphis:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/tigers/article

No he visto jugar a Rose en persona, pero si a O.J.Mayo y a Sebastian Telfair (antes de su salto a la NBA). Mayo está por delante de Rose en la mayoría de rankings de la camada del 2007 (en la mayoria es el número 1 y es, de largo, el jugador más mediático), y es difícil que un jugador tenga más publicidad y reciba más atención de la que recibió el primo de Marbury en high school. Pero me parece que el de Chicago puede estar un peldaño por arriba respecto a los otros dos. Las imágenes hablan por si mismas.

derrick rose amc footage


Rose va sobrado para la NBA (igual que Mayo) y, cómo nos explican en www.draftexpress.com (http://www.draftexpress.com/blogs.php?blogid=7) la decisión de ir a Memphis tiene mucho que ver con la presencia de John Calipari y su futuro salto a la mejor liga del mundo.

No hay comentarios: